Sunday, December 15, 2013

Wings From the Gods


As I was coming home from school, my stomach began to rumble with great intensity. I happen to have seen a restaurant, and saw the sign that stated:Wings from the gods themselves." I decided to walk in a try it and it was delicious. I wanted to find out how to make it so I asked the head chef how he made the wings. He reluctantly gave me the ingredients and I went home determined to recreate these wings and taste their deliciousness once more. I arrived home and read the ingredients list:

1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce

1 cup of oyster sauce

1/4 cup of soy sauce

1/4 cup of ketchup

2 table spoons of garlic powder

1/4 cup of gin

2 dashes of liquid smoke flavoring

1/2 cup of white sugar

1 1/2 pounds of chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded

1/4 cup honey

Some of the ingredients had adjectives and clauses describing the ingredients.  Under chicken it stated that is was an ingredient in the Columbian exchange and came from the Old World to the New World. Adjectives that describe chicken are delicious, tender, juicy, savory, meaty, delectable, and chewy. Under ketchup it stated: tomatoes, in which ketchup is made from, and adjectives describing tomates: bright red, juicy, soft, sweet, delicious, can be ripe, or rotten. It also stated that it was from the New World to the Old World. When I finished reading all of it, I gather all the ingredients and cooked the wings. It tasted amazing and now that is all I eat now, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner all I eat the wings from the Gods.


No comments:

Post a Comment