Friday, December 13, 2013

Dajee's Burrito History

Dajee's Burrito History

Last night, for dinner, I had the most amazing burrito at Chipotle. It consisted of the following:

1 Tortilla

1 cup of rice

2 whole jalapenos

¼ of a tomato

¼ cup of corn

¼ cup of guacamole

4 whole olives

1/8 cup of chopped onions

1 cup of rice

1 lb. of ground beef

For my side, I had a serving of pineapples.

As I ate, I started to wonder the history behind these magnificent components of my meal. Later that night I drifted off into a deep sleep. I started to dream that I was in an AP World History Class and some guy named Mr. Benschine was talking about this a period of cultural and biological exchanges between the New and Old Worlds around the year 1492. He started going on and on about how foods, goods and diseases were traded.

                All of a sudden I saw the foods from my meal appear on his slideshow. Coming from the Americas to the Old World, I saw peppers, tomatoes, corn (maize), avocadoes, and pineapples. Coming from the Old World to the Americas, I saw olives, onions, rice, beef, and grain. As I woke up from my deep sleep, I noticed that I had had a history lesson for a dream. I'm glad that guy Mr. Benschine explained to me where every part of my burrito came from.  

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment