Friday, December 13, 2013

Harry's Great Journey to Moe's with Mr. Benschine

Recently I had this urge to go to Moe's, so yesterday I visited the restaurant with Mr. Benschine, my formal AP World History teacher.. When I went to the Moe's I ordered some chips and extra salsa. The salsa there is very rich in taste and fresh.  The salsa contains fresh tomatoes, onions, serrano leaves, salts and some lime soup. The taste of the soup was perfectly balanced and the crunchy chips, made out of grains were the Perfect- O – Combo.

As Mr. Benschine and I were consuming and enjoying some chips and salsa, it reminded me of the "Columbian Exchange" I learned in his class. It was surely pain in the butt to remember all the new and old worlds and the exchanges of the foods. The onion comes from the old world to new world, but the tomato comes from new world to old world. And the chips, the grain is from old to new! The mixture of ingredients from different regions of the world, and the perfect taste it makes made me cry, while eating the chips plus salsa. I just had to tell this to Mr. Benschine.

Mr. Benschine hearing me, watching me cry, also cried realizing himself, the greatness of world history and his student's passion for Columbian exchange, also cried. I will come back to you with next time with some "Dog Stew" See you next time guys!
 

-Sung Eun Bae ( Harry) -

No comments:

Post a Comment