Friday, December 13, 2013

The Waffle House Experience

The Waffle House Experience

It was a late night, and as I was searching the streets for what was open in the center of Dunwoody, when I found myself wandering into the infamous Waffle House. At first I was excited to try one of their delightful delicacies. I was skimming the menu and one item stood out to me particularly, and that was the peanut butter waffles and grilled buttered Texas biscuit. I know what you are thinking, but it was a long day and I was hungry. So I went for it. My server, Betsy, screamed my order to the cooks and they started making my dinner. When they were done I ate and surprisingly it was the most delicious thing I ever had in my entire life.  

        As I left the Waffle House the story on the wall of the restaurant caught my eye. As I started to read this story about the Columbian Exchange and the introduction of Peanuts to the Old World I realized the importance of this event. Not only were peanuts introduced but so were many other foods and animals that made a large impact on the old world. Because of the Columbian Exchange these delicious peanut butter waffles can be shared with people of the Old World too.  



--
Ilana Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment