Friday, December 13, 2013

Fwd: Liz's Columbian Exchange



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Liz Lowe <lizparis21@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Subject: Cluck Cluck For Turkey Pie
To: Liz Lowe <lizparis21@gmail.com>, benschinef.columbian7@blogger.com


Yummy Leftover Turkey Pie

 

Yes, Thanksgiving is finally over!! Most people, except of course the moms, are sad about this, but not me. First of all it means I get to go BLACK Friday shopping. It also means that we get to use the leftover turkey to make turkey pie. My friend while I'm typing is going "eww, that's disgusting!" But it really isn't. If you have ever had chicken pot pie, then turkey pie isn't that different. You just substitute the chicken for the turkey. Anyway since I am a nerd I just had a very interesting recollection of some of foods traded in the Columbian Exchange that are also included in my leftover turkey pie recipe like turkey, peppers, and onions. Both turkey and pepper were traded from the New world to the Old world, and onions were traded from the Old world to the New world which explains why I don't like them, because I'm original and new, duh! Anyway, my other ingredients are the following:

 

Ingredients:

1.       Butter

2.      Onion

3.      Chopped mushrooms

4.      Minced garlic

5.      Sage

6.      Thyme

7.      Turkey

8.     Black pepper

 

GO HOME AND MAKE THIS LEFTOVER TURKEY PIE!!! J

-Liz Lowe

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment